1. slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity
- dumb officials make some really dumb decisions
2. temporarily incapable of speaking
- struck dumb
3. lacking the power of human speech
- dumb animals
4. unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
Sentences with dumb as an adjective:
- His younger brother was born dumb, and communicated with sign language.
- dumb show
- You are so dumb! You don't even know how to make toast!
- This is dumb! We're driving in circles! We should have asked for directions an hour ago!
- Brendan had the dumb job of moving boxes from one conveyor belt to another.
1. To silence.
2. (transitive) To make stupid.
3. (transitive) To represent as stupid.
4. (transitive) To reduce the intellectual demands of.