1. (Britain) Worthless; not working properly, defective.
- Why do I always get a shopping trolley with duff wheels?
1. a stiff flour pudding steamed or boiled usually and containing e.g. currants and raisins and citron
1. (slang, obsolete) To disguise something to make it look new.
2. (Australia) To alter the branding of stolen cattle; to steal cattle.
3. (Britain, slang, with "up") To beat up.
- I heard Nick got duffed up behind the shopping centre at the weekend.
4. (US, golf) To hit the ground behind the ball.