1. (finance) Dividend reinvestment program; a type of financial investing
1. flowing in drops; the formation and falling of drops of liquid
- there's a drip through the roof
2. the sound of a liquid falling drop by drop
- the constant sound of dripping irritated him
Similar word(s): dripping
3. (architecture) a projection from a cornice or sill designed to protect the area below from rainwater (as over a window or doorway)
Definition categories: man–made, projection
Sentences with drip as a noun:
- I put a drip of vanilla extract in my hot cocoa.
- He's not doing so well. The doctors have put him on a drip.
- He couldn't even summon up the courage to ask her name... what a drip!
1. fall in drops
- Water is dripping from the faucet
2. let or cause to fall in drops
Sentences with drip as a verb:
- Listening to the tap next door drip all night drove me mad!
- Does the sink drip, or have I just spilt water over the floor?
- After putting oil on the side of the salad, the chef should drip a little vinegar in the oil.
- My broken pen dripped ink onto the table.
- The Old Hall simply drips with masterpieces of the Flemish painters.
- The duchess was dripping with jewels.
- The weather isn't so bad. I mean, it's dripping, but you're not going to get so wet.