1. A file transfer to the local computer, especially one in progress.
- The download took longer than I expected.
2. A file that has been, or will be transferred in this way.
- I got the download but it wouldn't work on my computer.
1. transfer a file or program from a central computer to a smaller computer or to a computer at a remote location
Sentences with download as a verb:
- You can download a trial version of the program for thirty days to determine whether you want to purchase the full version.
- I needed to download photos to a CD-ROM