1. (obsolete) disturbance
1. move deeply
2. change the arrangement or position of
3. tamper with
Similar word(s): touch
4. destroy the peace or tranquility of
Similar word(s): interrupt
5. damage as if by shaking or jarring
- Don't disturb the patient's wounds by moving him too rapidly!
Sentences with disturb as a verb:
- The noisy ventilation disturbed me during the exam.
- The performance was disturbed twice by a ringing mobile phone.
- A school of fish disturbed the water.
- A mudslide disturbed the course of the river.
- The trauma disturbed his mind.
- A disturbing film that tries to explore the mind of a serial killer.
- His behaviour is very disturbing.