1. (used of persons) standing above others in character or attainment or reputation
- our distinguished professor
Similar word(s): important
2. used of a person's appearance or behavior; befitting an eminent person
- his distinguished bearing
Sentences with distinguished as an adjective:
- The lecture was attended by many distinguished mathematicians.
- Her father was a distinguished gentleman, albeit a poor one.
- Let X be a topological space with a distinguished point p.
1. simple past tense and past participle of distinguish