1. (music) marked by or composed of disconnected parts or sounds; cut short crisply
2. having been divided; having the unity destroyed
- Congress...gave the impression of...a confusing sum of disconnected local forces
3. marked by sudden changes in subject and sharp transitions
4. not plugged in or connected to a power source
- the iron is disconnected
Similar word(s): off
5. lacking orderly continuity
- disconnected fragments of a story
Sentences with disconnected as an adjective:
- There's no use trying to make a call on the disconnected phone.
- I just feel so disconnected from people living on the other side of the world.
1. simple past tense and past participle of disconnect
- The phone company disconnected my DSL.