1. relating to or characteristic of diplomacy
- diplomatic immunity
2. using or marked by tact in dealing with sensitive matters or people
- the hostess averted a confrontation with a diplomatic chenage of subject
Sentences with diplomatic as an adjective:
- She spent thirty years working for Canada's diplomatic service.
- Albania immediately severed diplomatic relations with Zimbabwe.
- Thoughtful corrections can be diplomatic as well as instructional.
1. The science of diplomas, or the art of deciphering ancient writings and determining their age, authenticity, etc.; paleography.