1. a ringing sound
Definition categories: event, sound
2. an impression in a surface (as made by a blow)
Similar word(s): dent, gouge, nick
Definition categories: attribute, blemish, defect, mar
Sentences with ding as a noun:
- I just got my first ding letter.
1. go `ding dong', like a bell
Similar word(s): dingdong, dong
Definition categories: perception, peal, ring
Sentences with ding as a verb:
- The elevator dinged and the doors opened.
- His top school dinged him last week.
- My bank dinged me three bucks for using their competitor's ATM.