1. one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration
- 0 and 1 are digits
Similar word(s): figure
2. the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure
Definition categories: quantity
3. a finger or toe in human beings or corresponding body part in other vertebrates
Similar word(s): dactyl
Sentences with digit as a noun:
- The digits of the decimal number system are 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, and those in the hexadecimal number system are those in the decimal system along with A, B, C, D, E and F.
- The number 2307 has four digits: the thousands digit is 2; the hundreds digit is 3; the tens digit is 0; and the units digit is 7.
- That girl likes me — she gave me her digits.
- An eclipse of eight digits is one which hides two thirds of the diameter of the disk.
1. (transitive) To point at or point out with the finger.