1. lower someone's spirits; make downhearted
- These news depressed her
2. lower (prices or markets)
- The glut of oil depressed gas prices
3. cause to drop or sink
- The lack of rain had depressed the water level in the reservoir
Similar word(s): lower
4. press down
- Depress the space key
5. lessen the activity or force of
- The rising inflation depressed the economy
Sentences with depress as a verb:
- Depress the upper lever to start the machine.
- Winter depresses me.
- Lower productivity will eventually depress wages.