1. characterized by or advocating or based upon the principles of democracy or social equality
- democratic government
- a democratic country
- a democratic scorn for bloated dukes and lords
2. belong to or relating to the Democratic Party
- Democratic senator
3. representing or appealing to or adapted for the benefit of the people at large
- democratic art forms
- a democratic or popular movement
Sentences with democratic as an adjective:
- The United States is a democratic country, as the citizens are allowed to choose leaders to represent their interests.
- Mount Vernon is run by a strong democratic party organization.