1. an overwhelming number or amount
2. a heavy rain
3. the rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land
Definition categories: phenomenon
Sentences with deluge as a noun:
- The deluge continued for hours, drenching the land and slowing traffic to a halt.
- The rock concert was a deluge of sound.
1. fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid
2. charge someone with too many tasks
Similar word(s): overwhelm
3. fill or cover completely, usually with water
Sentences with deluge as a verb:
- After the announcement, they were deluged with requests for more information.