1. carefully thought out in advance
- he made a deliberate decision not to respond negatively
2. unhurried and with care and dignity
- with all deliberate speed
3. characterized by conscious design or purpose
- a deliberate attempt to provoke a response
Sentences with deliberate as an adjective:
- Tripping me was deliberate action.
- The jury took eight hours to come to its deliberate verdict.
- a deliberate opinion; a deliberate measure or result
1. think about carefully; weigh
2. discuss the pros and cons of an issue
Similar word(s): debate
Sentences with deliberate as a verb:
- It is now time for the jury to deliberate the guilt of the defendant.