1. the act of beginning something new
- they looked forward to the debut of their new product line
2. the presentation of a debutante in society
Sentences with debut as a noun:
- Since making its debut two years ago, the program has gained cult status.
1. present for the first time to the public
- The band debuts a new song or two each month
2. appear for the first time in public
- The new ballet that debuts next months at Covent Garden, is already sold out
3. make one's debut
- This young soprano debuts next month at the Metropolitan Opera
Sentences with debut as a verb:
- Amalgamated Software Systems debuted release 3.2 in Spring of 2004.
- Release 3.2 debuted to mixed reviews in Spring of 2004.