1. the quality of being unresponsive; not reacting; as a quality of people, it is marked by a failure to respond quickly or with emotion to people or events
- in an instant all the deadness and withdrawal were wiped away
Similar word(s): unresponsiveness
2. the physical property of something that has lost its elasticity
- he objected to the deadness of the tennis balls
3. the inanimate property of something that has died
Sentences with deadness as a noun:
- He complained that the deadness of the balls affected his game.
- The deadness of the champagne made it undrinkable.
- The deadness of his expression told everything, without him having to speak.