1. a nonenterprising person who is not paying his way
- the deadheads on the payroll should be eased out as fast as possible
2. a train or bus or taxi traveling empty
Definition categories: man–made
1. (intransitive) To travel as a deadhead, or non-paying passenger.
2. (transitive, intransitive) To drive an empty vehicle.
3. (transitive) To send (a person or message) for free.
4. (transitive) To remove spent or dead blossoms from a plant.
- If you deadhead your roses regularly, they will bloom all season.