1. the first light of day
- we got up before dawn
2. the earliest period
- the dawn of civilization
Similar word(s): morning
3. an opening time period
- it was the dawn of the Roman Empire
Sentences with dawn as a noun:
- She rose before dawn to meet the train.
1. become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions
- It dawned on him that she had betrayed him
Definition categories: cognition
2. appear or develop
- The age of computers had dawned
3. become light
- It started to dawn, and we had to get up
Definition categories: change
Sentences with dawn as a verb:
- A new day dawns.
- I don’t want to be there when the truth dawns on him.