1. a small narrow pointed missile that is thrown or shot
2. a tapered tuck made in dressmaking
Definition categories: man–made, tuck
3. a sudden quick movement
Similar word(s): flit
1. move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart
2. run or move very quickly or hastily
3. move with sudden speed
- His forefinger darted in all directions as he spoke
Sentences with dart as a verb:
- The sun darts forth his beams.
- Or what ill eyes malignant glances dart? - Alexander Pope
- The flying man darted eastward.
- The deer darted from the thicket.