1. (Bristol, Wales, chiefly in the plural) A plimsoll.
1. (Bristol) To run or go somewhere quickly.
- I'll just dap down to the shop.
2. To do some form of dipping, dabbing, or bouncing action. (See Dapping.)
- Sinking in metalworking is the technique of creating a hollow indentation, also known as doming, dishing or dapping.
- dapping is to rebound or adopt a rebounding action, e.g. to fish by letting the bait dip and bob lightly onto the water, in the manner that some insects lay eggs in the water.