1. An agent of one intelligence agency or group who pretends to be interested in defecting or turning to another intelligence agency or group.
2. (slang, ice hockey, lacrosse) The action of dangling; a series of complex stick tricks and fakes in order to defeat the defender in style.
- That was a sick dangle for a great goal!
3. A dangling ornament or decoration.
1. hang freely
- the ornaments dangled from the tree
2. cause to dangle or hang freely
- He dangled the ornaments from the Christmas tree
Sentences with dangle as a verb:
- His feet would dangle in the water.
- He dangled around three players and the goalie to score.
- I like to sit on the edge and dangle my feet in the water.