1. used as expletives
- oh, damn (or goddamn)!
2. expletives used informally as intensifiers
- I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing
- he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool
Similar word(s): bloody
Sentences with damn as an adverb:
- That car was going damn fast!
1. (profane) Used to express anger, irritation, disappointment, annoyance, contempt, etc. See also dammit.
1. something of little value
- his promise is not worth a damn
Sentences with damn as a noun:
- said a few damns and left
- The new hires aren't worth a damn.
- I don’t give a damn.
1. wish harm upon; invoke evil upon
Sentences with damn as a verb:
- The official position is that anyone who does this will be damned for all eternity.
- Only God can damn'. — I damn you eternally, fiend!
- I’m afraid that if I speak out on this, I’ll be damned as a troublemaker.
- That man stole my wallet. Damn him!