1. (3D graphics) Having selectively removed surface elements of a three-dimensional model that make internal features visible, but without sacrificing the outer context entirely.
- 2004, While it used to take several seconds to generate a single cutaway view in a complex freeform model, you can now view them just about instantly by dynamically scrolling and rotating a plane forward and backward through an object. CADalyst, Jan 2004
1. a representation (drawing or model) of something in which the outside is omitted to reveal the inner parts
Definition categories: man–made, representation
2. a man's coat cut diagonally from the waist to the back of the knees
Definition categories: man–made, coat
Sentences with cutaway as a noun:
- 2004, Despite a pre-debate “memorandum of understanding” between the Bush campaign and the Kerry campaign that there would be no televised “cutaways” or reaction shots ... — The New Yorker, 18 Oct 2004