1. a wooden or metal staff that fits under the armpit and reaches to the ground; used by disabled person while walking
Definition categories: man–made, staff
2. anything that serves as an expedient
- he uses drugs as a psychological crutch
Sentences with crutch as a noun:
- He walked on crutches for a month until the cast was removed from his leg.
- Alcohol became a crutch to help him through the long nights; eventually it killed him.
1. (transitive) To support on crutches; to prop up.
2. (transitive) To shear the hindquarters of a sheep; to dag.