1. of extreme importance; vital to the resolution of a crisis
- a crucial moment in his career
- a crucial election
- a crucial issue for women
2. having crucial relevance
- crucial to the case
Similar word(s): material
3. of the greatest importance
- crucial information
Sentences with crucial as an adjective:
- The battle of Tali-Ihantala in 1944 is one of the crucial moments in the history of Finland.
- A secure supply of crude oil is crucial for any modern nation, let alone a superpower.
- Delbert Wilkins is the most crucial pirate radio DJ in Brixton.