1. representing a level of the highest possible achievement or attainment
- the crowning accomplishment of his career
Similar word(s): ultimate
2. forming or providing a crown or summit
- the crowning star on a Christmas tree
- her hair was her crowning glory
Similar word(s): top
Sentences with crowning as an adjective:
- a crowning achievement
- crowning glory
1. A coronation.
- The crownings of the two successive monarchs were only a year apart.
2. The act of one who crowns (in various senses).
1. present participle of crown