1. baby bed with high sides made of slats
Similar word(s): cot
Definition categories: man–made
2. a literal translation used in studying a foreign language (often used illicitly)
3. a bin or granary for storing grains
4. the cards discarded by players at cribbage
Definition categories: act
5. a card game (usually for two players) in which each player is dealt six cards and discards one or two
Similar word(s): cribbage
1. use a crib, as in an exam
2. take unauthorized (intellectual material)
3. line with beams or planks
- crib a construction hole
Sentences with crib as a verb:
- I cribbed the recipe from the Food Network site, but made a few changes of my own.
- It was very easy, Briggs said, to make a galley-slave of a boy all the half-year, and then score him up idle; and to crib two dinners a-week out of his board, and then score him up greedy; but that wasn’t going to be submitted to, he believed, was it? — Charles Dickens, Dombey and Son, 1848, Chapter 14.