1. the men and women who man a vehicle (ship, aircraft, etc.)
2. an organized group of workmen
Similar word(s): gang
3. an informal body of friends
4. the team of men manning a racing shell
Sentences with crew as a noun:
- If you need help, please contact a member of the crew.
- The crews of the two ships got into a fight.
- One crew died in the accident.
- The officers and crew assembled on the deck.
- There are quarters for three officers and five crew.
- There are a lot of carpenters in the crew!
- The crews for different movies would all come down to the bar at night.
- There were three actors and six crew on the set.
- The crews competed to cut the most timber.
- I'd look out for that whole crew down at Jack's.
1. serve as a crew member on
Sentences with crew as a verb:
- We crewed together on a fishing boat last year.
- The ship was crewed by fifty sailors.
- The film was crewed and directed by students.
- The crewing of the vessel before the crash was deficient.
- It was still dark when the cock crew.