1. quick, fast, intensive
- crash course
- crash diet
1. a loud resonant repeating noise
2. a serious accident (usually involving one or more vehicles)
- they are still investigating the crash of the TWA plane
Similar word(s): wreck
3. a sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures)
- the stock market crash[/b]
Similar word(s): collapse
4. the act of colliding with something
- his crash through the window
Similar word(s): smash
5. (computer science) an event that causes a computer system to become inoperative
- the crash occurred during a thunderstorm and the system has been down ever since
Sentences with crash as a noun:
- She broke two bones in her body in a car crash.
- Nobody survived the plane crash
- My computer had a crash so I had to reboot it.
- The piece ended in a crescendo, building up to a crash of cymbals.
1. fall or come down violently
- The branch crashed down on my car
- The plane crashed in the sea
2. move with, or as if with, a crashing noise
- The car crashed through the glass door
3. undergo damage or destruction on impact
- the plane crashed into the ocean
- The car crashed into the lamp post
Similar word(s): ram
4. move violently as through a barrier
- The terrorists crashed the gate
5. break violently or noisily; smash
6. occupy, usually uninvited
- My son's friends crashed our house last weekend
7. make a sudden loud sound
- the waves crashed on the shore and kept us awake all night
8. enter uninvited; informal
- let's crash the party!
9. cause to crash
- The terrorists crashed the plane into the palace
- Mother crashed the motorbike into the lamppost
10. hurl or thrust violently
Similar word(s): dash
11. undergo a sudden and severe downturn
- the economy crashed
- will the stock market crash again?
Definition categories: change
12. stop operating
- My computer crashed last night
13. sleep in a convenient place
- You can crash here, though it's not very comfortable
Similar word(s): doss
Definition categories: body
Sentences with crash as a verb:
- I'm sorry for crashing the bike into a wall. I'll pay for repairs.
- We weren't invited to the party so we decided to crash it.
- Hey dude, can I crash at your pad?
- If the system crashes again, we'll have it fixed in the computer shop.
- Double-clicking this icon crashes the desktop.