1. (informal) A small number of.
1. a pair who associate with one another
- the engaged couple
2. a pair of people who live together
- a married couple from Chicago
3. a small indefinite number
- he's coming for a couple of days
Definition categories: quantity
4. two items of the same kind
5. (physics) something joined by two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines
1. bring two objects, ideas, or people together
- This fact is coupled to the other one
2. link together
- can we couple these proposals?
3. form a pair or pairs
Similar word(s): pair
4. engage in sexual intercourse
Sentences with couple as a verb:
- Now the conductor will couple the train cars.
- I've coupled our system to theirs.