1. the property of holding together and retaining its shape
- when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake
2. a harmonious uniformity or agreement among things or parts
Similar word(s): consistence
3. logical coherence and accordance with the facts
- a rambling argument that lacked any consistency
4. (logic) an attribute of a logical system that is so constituted that none of the propositions deducible from the axioms contradict one another
Sentences with consistency as a noun:
- They want to achieve a high degree of consistency in their process and their product.
- Mix it until it has the consistency of a thick paste.