1. a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon
- his decision had depressing consequences for business
Definition categories: phenomenon
2. the outcome of an event especially as relative to an individual
Similar word(s): aftermath
3. having important effects or influence
- decisions of great consequence are made by the president himself
- that result is of no consequence
Sentences with consequence as a noun:
- I'm warning you. If you don't get me the report on time, there will be consequences.
1. (transitive) To threaten or punish (a child, etc.) with specific consequences for misbehaviour.