1. progressing melodically by intervals of a second
- conjunct motion of an ascending scale
2. bound in close association
- conjunct influences
- conjunct ideas
Similar word(s): united
3. involving the joint activity of two or more
- the conjunct influence of fire and strong wind
- the conjunctive focus of political opposition
Sentences with conjunct as an adjective:
- Set A is conjunct with set B.
1. (logic) Either term of a conjunction
2. (linguistics) An adjunct that supplements a sentence with information, not considered to be an essential part of the propositional content, that connects the sentence with previous parts of the discourse, as "therefore" in "It was raining. Therefore, we didn't go swimming."