1. qualified by reservations
Similar word(s): qualified
2. imposing or depending on or containing a condition
- conditional acceptance of the terms
- lent conditional support
- the conditional sale will not be complete until the full purchase price is paid
Sentences with conditional as an adjective:
- I made my son a conditional promise: I would buy him a bike if he kept his room tidy.
- "A implies B" is a conditional statement.
- a conditional word, mode, or tense
1. (grammar) A conditional sentence; a statement that depends on a condition being true or false.
2. (grammar) The conditional mood.
3. (logic) A statement that one sentence is true if another is.
- "A implies B" is a conditional.
4. (computing, programming) An instruction that branches depending on the truth of a condition at that point.
- if and while are conditionals in some programming languages.
5. (obsolete) A limitation.