1. gathered together or made less diffuse
- their concentrated efforts
- his concentrated attention
- concentrated study
2. of or relating to a solution whose dilution has been reduced
Similar word(s): undiluted
3. intensely focused
- her concentrated passion held them at bay
Similar word(s): intense
4. (of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source
Similar word(s): hard
5. being the most concentrated solution possible at a given temperature; unable to dissolve still more of a substance
Sentences with concentrated as an adjective:
- We made a drink from concentrated orange juice.
- The concentrated fire from the enemy destroyed our fortifications.
1. simple past tense and past participle of concentrate