1. Making up a larger whole; as a component word.
2. Made up of smaller complete units in combination; as a component stereo.
1. an abstract part of something
- jealousy was a component of his character
- two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony
2. something determined in relation to something that includes it
- the smaller component is hard to reach
3. an artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system
- spare components for cars
- a component or constituent element of a system
Sentences with component as a noun:
- A CPU is a component of a computer.