1. payable by the recipient on delivery
- a collect call
- the letter came collect
Sentences with collect as an adjective:
- It was to be a collect delivery, but no-one was available to pay.
1. make a telephone call or mail a package so that the recipient pays
- call collect
- send a package collect
Sentences with collect as an adverb:
- I had to call collect.
1. a short prayer generally preceding the lesson in the Church of Rome or the Church of England
Sentences with collect as a noun:
- He used the day's collect as the basis of his sermon.
1. get or gather together
2. call for and obtain payment of
- we collected over a million dollars in outstanding debts
- he collected the rent
3. assemble or get together
Definition categories: contact
4. get or bring together
5. gather or collect
Sentences with collect as a verb:
- Suzanne collected all the papers she had laid out.
- A bank collects a monthly payment on a client's new car loan.
- John Henry collects stamps.
- He had a lot of trouble collecting on that bet he made.
- The rain collected in puddles.
- I don't think he collects as much as hoards.