1. nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus
Definition categories: food
2. stocky short-legged harness horse
Definition categories: animal
3. white gull having a black back and wings
4. adult male swan
1. To construct using mud blocks or to seal a wall using mud or an artificial equivalent.
2. To beat with a flat instrument; to paddle.
3. (Northern UK, possibly colloquial) To throw, chuck, lob.
4. To chip off unwanted pieces of stone, so as to form a desired shape or improve the quality of mineral ore.