1. a timepiece that shows the time of day
Sentences with clock as a noun:
- This car has over 300,000 miles on the clock.
- I can't go off to lunch yet, I'm still on the clock.
- We let the guys use the shop's tools and equipment for their own projects as long as they're off the clock.
1. measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time
- he clocked the runners
Similar word(s): time
Sentences with clock as a verb:
- He was clocked at 155 miles per hour.
- When the boxer let down his guard, his opponent clocked him.
- Clock the wheels on that car!
- He finally clocked that there were no more cornflakes.
- I don't believe that car has done only 40,000 miles. It's been clocked.
- Have you clocked that game yet?
- A trans person may be able to easily clock other trans people.