1. a short light metallic sound
Similar word(s): click
2. a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
Definition categories: man–made
Sentences with clink as a noun:
- You could hear the clink of the glasses from the next room.
- If he keeps doing things like that, he’s sure to end up in the clink.
1. make a high sound typical of glass
- champagne glasses clinked to make a toast
2. make or emit a high sound
Sentences with clink as a verb:
- The hammers clinked on the stone all night.