1. The sound of a click.
- Click! The door opened.
1. a short light metallic sound
Similar word(s): clink
2. a stop consonant made by the suction of air into the mouth (as in Bantu)
3. a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward
4. depression of a button on a computer mouse
- a click on the right button for example
Sentences with click as a noun:
- I turned the key, the lock gave a click and the door opened;
- With the right software you can program your mouse to do a double click with a single click.
1. move or strike with a noise
- he clicked on the light
Similar word(s): snap
2. make a clicking or ticking sound
Similar word(s): tick
3. click repeatedly or uncontrollably
Similar word(s): chatter
4. cause to make a snapping sound
5. produce a click
- Xhosa speakers click
6. make a clucking sounds, characteristic of hens
7. become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions
Definition categories: cognition
Sentences with click as a verb:
- Visit a location, call, or click www.example.com
- He bent his fingers back until the joints clicked.
- Click here to go to the next page.
- Then it clicked - I had been going the wrong way all that time.
- When we met at the party, we just clicked and we’ve been best friends ever since.