1. a loud resonant repeating noise
2. a state of conflict between persons
Similar word(s): friction
3. a state of conflict between colors
- her dress was a disturbing clash of colors
4. a minor short-term fight
Sentences with clash as a noun:
- I heard a clash from the kitchen, and rushed in to find the cat had knocked over some pots and pans.
- a clash of beliefs
- a personality clash
- She was wearing a horrible clash of red and orange.
1. crash together with violent impact
- Two meteors clashed
Similar word(s): collide
2. be incompatible; be or come into conflict
- These colors clash
3. disagree violently
- We clashed over the new farm policies
Sentences with clash as a verb:
- The plates clashed to the floor.
- Fans from opposing teams clashed on the streets after the game.
- My parents often clashed about minor things, such as the cleaning or shopping rota.
- You can't wear that shirt, as it clashes with your trousers.
- She looked so trashy, her lipstick and jewellery all clashed.
- I can't come to your wedding as it clashes with a friend's funeral.