1. being long-lasting and recurrent or characterized by long suffering
- chronic indigestion
- a chronic shortage of funds
- a chronic invalid
Similar word(s): degenerative
2. of long duration
- chronic money problems
- a chronic smoker
Sentences with chronic as an adjective:
- chronic unemployment; chronic poverty; chronic anger
- chronic cough; chronic headache; chronic illness
- Chronic patients must learn to live with their condition.
- He's a chronic smoker.
- That concert was chronic.
- They left him in a chronic condition.
- That was cool, chronic in fact.
1. (slang) Marijuana, typically of high quality.
2. (medicine) A condition of extended duration, either continuous or marked by frequent recurrence. Sometimes implies a condition which worsens with each recurrence, though that is not inherent in the term.
3. A person who is chronic, such as a criminal reoffender or a person with chronic disease.