1. period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6
2. a Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Christ; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland
Similar word(s): xmas
Definition categories: time
Sentences with christmas as a noun:
- This Christmas we'll open presents then go to grandma's for dinner.
- The last three Christmases have been good for retailers.
- The Christmas shoppers spent less this December, than last year, but our store will probably see just as many returned items during the twelve days of Christmas.