1. the flesh of a chicken used for food
2. a domestic fowl bred for flesh or eggs; believed to have been developed from the red jungle fowl
3. a person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy
4. a foolhardy competition; a dangerous activity that is continued until one competitor becomes afraid and stops
Sentences with chicken as a noun:
- Don't play chicken with a freight train; you're guaranteed to lose.
1. (intransitive) To avoid something as a result of fear.
2. (intransitive) To develop physical or other characteristics resembling a chicken's, for example, bumps on the skin.