1. holding first place in a contest
- a champion show dog
Sentences with champion as an adjective:
- "That roller coaster was champion," laughed Vinny.
1. someone who has won first place in a competition
Similar word(s): champ
2. someone who fights for a cause
3. a person who backs a politician or a team etc.
4. someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
Sentences with champion as a noun:
- The defending champion is expected to defeat his challenger.
- champion of women's suffrage
- champion of the poor