1. the housing or outer covering of something
Definition categories: man–made, housing
2. the outermost covering of a pneumatic tire
Definition categories: man–made, covering
3. the enclosing frame around a door or window opening
- the casings had rotted away and had to be replaced
Similar word(s): case
Sentences with casing as a noun:
- Some people like to split the casing of a sausage before cooking so it doesn't burst. Others don't.
- The replacement string should have the same casing as the matched text.
1. present participle of case