1. a sculpture created by removing material (as wood or ivory or stone) in order to create a desired shape
Definition categories: man–made, sculpture
2. removing parts from hard material to create a desired pattern or shape
Similar word(s): cutting
Definition categories: act
3. creating figures or designs in three dimensions
Similar word(s): sculpture
Sentences with carving as a noun:
- The carving on the oak panels was ancient.
- He took up carving after his retirement.
1. present participle of carve
2. (snowboarding) Executing turns without pivoting.