1. of the yellowish-beige color of buff leather
Similar word(s): chromatic
2. Unusually muscular.
Sentences with buff as an adjective:
- The bouncer was a big, buff dude with tattoos, a shaved head, and a serious scowl.
1. an ardent follower and admirer
2. a soft thick undyed leather from the skins of e.g. buffalo or oxen
3. bare skin
- swimming in the buff means to swim naked
4. a medium to dark tan color
Similar word(s): caramel
5. an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for polishing (as in manicuring)
Similar word(s): buffer
Definition categories: man–made, implement
Sentences with buff as a noun:
- buff colour:
- He’s a real history buff. He knows everything there is to know about the civil war.
- I just picked up an epic damage buff! Lets go gank the other team!
- to strip to the buff
1. strike, beat repeatedly
- The wind buffeted him
Similar word(s): buffet
2. polish and make shiny
- buff the wooden floors
- buff my shoes
Sentences with buff as a verb:
- He was already buffing the car's hubs.
- The enchanter buffed the paladin to prepare him to fight the dragon.