1. a gymnastic horse without pommels and with one end elongated; used lengthwise for vaulting
Definition categories: man–made, horse
2. a piece of paper money worth one dollar
3. a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
4. mature male of various mammals (especially deer or antelope)
Sentences with buck as a noun:
- Can I borrow five bucks?
- Corporations will do anything to make a buck.
- The police caught me driving a buck forty on the freeway.
- That skinny guy? C'mon, he can't weigh more than a buck and a quarter.
- pass the buck; the buck stops here
1. to strive with determination
- John is bucking for a promotion
- buck the trend
3. move quickly and violently
4. jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched
- the yung filly bucked
Sentences with buck as a verb:
- The vice president bucked at the board's latest solution.
- The motor bucked and sputtered before dying completely.
- The plane bucked a strong headwind.
- Our managers have to learn to buck the trend and do the right thing for their employees.
- John is really bucking the odds on that risky business venture. He's doing quite well.